01 March 2008

HAVE A NICE St DAVID's DAY 2008: Participate? Protest? Boycott?

.
Whatever, but do not demonstrate against the St David's Day Parade, that would just be negative and you would win over no one to any cause, certainly not any Socialist Struggle. I have suggested however, that even Socialists could participate and use to their own 'Agit - Prop' purpose? Some Radical Nationalists are using the parade to advance their calls for a Parliament with more powers whilst others are using the parade as a Platform for Welsh Independence. However, myself and I would advise Radical nationalists, Republicans and Socialists not to participate in the parade, but boycott in protest regards the organisers ''politicising'' the event in favour of PLAID.
.
This is a big mistake of the parade organisers, but after all they are Nationalists, and most of them are members of PLAID or otherwise support that party. The parade has a bit of a ''Roman Circus'' about it, in so far that the parade marches into the lap of English Lord and Devolution Dilettante Dafydd Ellis Thomas. I have no doubt that it will also be to the advantage of PLAID Minister of Heritage Rhodri Glyn Thomas, and so what you might say? Well work it out! Thus, yes I say, I hope Socialists will not demonstrate against the Dewi Day Parade but boycott and pop off down to the Assembly to hold alternative positive and practical protest about issues close to your Socialist Heart, or even make call for the setting up of a Welsh Workers Republic but do so separate of the Parade unless you are detirmined to make a positive contribution, in one way or another.
.
At same time, all that aside if anyone wishes to hold placards under the nose of Dafydd Ellis Thomas with the message TA! TA! THOMAS - English Lords Not Wanted In Wales! Also if it comes upon you heckle or boo him. why not? Other than that, well the British Army is in the City, why not demonstrate against them recruiting Welsh Lads to fight in England's foreign wars. I would have thought that this is what Plaid Left, Cymru X and CND Cymru would have been doing anyway rather than parading in memory of a misogynist old Welsh Saint? Ble Mae'r Bethan, Leanne a Jill Nawr? So much for their Socialist Republicanism???????
.

.
Above is a little Dydd Dewi Artwork, my Dydd Dewi Day greeting, I do it with Red Daffodils, as I doubt if you would appreciate Yellow 'Investiture' Daffs. I send greetings in particular to all Socialists who have been having an healthy and interesting debate in St David's Day - COUNTER DEMO - Page 7 - urban75 forums
St David's Day - COUNTER DEMO Wales/Cymru. ... St. David's Day is to celebrate Welsh national feeling, .... Last edited by Karac : 22-02-2008 at 20:12. ...www.urban75.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=7147934 - 76k - Cached - Similar pagesMore results from www.urban75.net »
Nice one! best discussion of an arising issue that I have read for a while, useful to me and others, the discussion even persuaded me on a number of points which I will give further due consideration. Thus Udo, Lewis and Penderyn right on comrades! I think we will all be discussing this issue again, as I can see the day coming around when the Welsh Regiments/British Army will want to march in the parade. After all Dydd Dewi always has been part of the Welsh Regiment/British Army from AZINCOURT 1415 to Revolutionary America and Ireland in the 18th Century, to present day Iraq and Afghanistan, just watch the TV Sat night.
.
G.Gruffydd.